Image Graphics & Signs is committed to promoting sustainability. We recognize that all companies and individuals have an important role to play in reducing negative environmental impacts. As such, concern for the environment and the promotion of a broader sustainability agenda are integral to our activities and the management of the organization.
We aim to follow and promote good sustainability practice, to reduce the environmental impacts of all our activities and to help our clients and suppliers to do the same.
This Environmental Policy comprises a set of principles, operating procedures and business targets.
Our Environmental Policy is based upon the following principles:
- Comply with all applicable environmental legal requirements, and other relevant requirements to which we subscribe.
- Achieve the highest available environmental standards in all of our activities, including the storage and disposal of waste.
- Use all resources as efficiently as possible, in particular making the most economic use of all materials, energy and water, and to minimize waste in all parts of the business.
- Prepare contingency plans to deal with foreseeable environmental accidents including environmental considerations in investment decisions.
- Whenever possible, liaise with our suppliers and customers to persuade them to adopt similar environmental standards.
- Assess regularly the environmental impact resulting from our operations and keep ourselves fully informed of recognized best practices.
In order to put these principles into action and to reduce our negative environmental impacts as a company and as individuals, we have implemented the following procedures:
- Aluminum and steel waste, is collected and reprocessed
- Cultivate a work ethic with a high level of awareness of waste minimization and recycling
- Promote economy in the use of paper and other consumables and purchase recycled materials and those which are suitable for disposal by recycling
- Favour suppliers who also have positive recycling and waste management practices and who operate according to sound environmental principles
- Minimize waste by encouraging the exchange, and reuse of equipment and materials among departments
- Develop a waste management strategy, which accommodates recycling procedures and initiatives
- Single source supplies and bulk order to reduce the number of delivery vehicles visiting our premises.
- Continue to develop the range and scope of recycling schemes and encourage departments to establish recycling schemes relevant to their individual activities
- Purchase ink in sealed cartridges and return them for refilling to ensure no waste ink enters the environment.
- Waste cardboard and paper, cans, bottles and plastic are all collected, sorted and stored prior to being recycled
- Batteries, circuit boards, electronic components and fluorescent tubes are segregated and sent to official reprocessing sites
- Old computers are sold to employees or given to local charities for re-use and .redistribution
- Observe energy conservation, by turning off lights in unoccupied rooms and only turning on machinery and manufacturing equipment when it is required. Fit power saving devices where possible.
- Only use low energy lighting throughout the premises.
- Maintain vehicles in line with manufacturer’s recommendations and make low emissions and low fuel consumption a priority at time of replacement